Hiring a short-term rental property management company lets you earn revenue from your property and saves you from dealing with day-to-day management. We’ll explain our top six choices for Airbnb management companies below and provide information on each company’s cost, coverage, and reviews.
Awning is the best Airbnb property management company. It offers full-service property management, including pool, hot tub and lawn maintenance. Owners get help with licensing and regulations. And Awning only charges 15% of revenue, half of the rate of other full-service property managers. It also has the largest geographic availability with vacation rental property management nationwide.
The top 7 Airbnb property management companies include:
- Awning: Best Overall Airbnb Management Company
- Evolve: Best Half-Service Management Company
- Vacasa: Best Full-Service Management Company
- Casago: Best for Management Mixed Rental Portfolios
- Skyrun Vacation Rentals: Best Local Property Management Company
- AvantStay: Best Benefits for Investors
- Air Concierge: Best Pricing Model
What to Look For in an Airbnb Management Company
Looking for an Airbnb property management company can be stressful if you don’t know where to start. When evaluating a property management company consider the costs, terms, geographic coverage, services provided and customer reviews.
When ranking the top six Airbnb management companies, we evaluated:
- Costs: Calculating costs and upfront fees are worth considering before you sign on the dotted line. Some companies with commission models take up to 50% of your host revenues, leaving you with significantly less money for repairs and maintenance needed on your home.
- Terms: How easy is it to cancel your contract? Before signing, you’ll want to know the ins and outs of the contract to ensure you have a way to get out if necessary.
- Geographical coverage: If you live in a rural area, it may be hard to find an Airbnb property manager to take care of your home. Companies with broader geographical coverage tend to have more resources than smaller property management companies that only cater to a few cities.
- Services provided: Some property management companies offer extra perks and services compared to others. This is why it’s essential to compare Airbnb property management companies before signing a contract.
- Customer reviews: One of the best ways to see if a company is reputable is to read through customer reviews. Trustpilot, Google Reviews, and the Better Business Bureau (BBB) are good places to start your search.
Awning: Best Overall Property Management Company
Awning Airbnb property management was founded as part of an integrated vacation rental solution. The company offers investors the tools to research, buy, furnish, and manage a vacation rental. Awning offers a full-service management solution from listing and pricing to communication and maintenance.
As a nationwide property manager Awning stands out from the competition by offering end to end services including 24-hour communication with guests with response times under 15 minutes. Awning property management provides:
- 15% of revenue on all properties
- Dedicated SEO specialists for listing optimization
- Daily pricing adjustments with human review
Because of its unique offerings, we name it the Best Overall Airbnb Management Company in the United States.
Awning Costs and Terms
Compared to other Full Service Airbnb Management Companies, Awning’s fees are well below the industry standard of 20% to 40%. Awning charges 15% of revenue with no extra charges and fees.
You don’t need to purchase a property with Awning to use its management services. You have to be in good legal standing with local authorities and paperwork, something Awning management services can also help you get done.
With Awning, investors can cancel services at any time by giving a brief notice to the company.
Geographic and Service Coverage
Awning is one of the only property managers on our list that services properties in all 50 states.
Awning offers full services for its customers, which include:
- 24/7 Guest communication
- Dynamic pricing
- Calendar management and booking communication
- Listing creation and optimization
- Laundry services
- Restocking amenities
- Pool, lawn, and hot tub maintenance
- Local staff for handling maintenance requests quickly
Overall, Awning has a small online presence. The company boasts that the average guest rating of properties under management is 4.8 out of 5 stars. It also has over 100 properties under management with over five years of short-term rental management experience.
To get started with Awning simply schedule a call or complete a form. The sales team at Awning are also licensed agents that work with investors regularly. They will walk you through the rates, services, and potential revenue for your property. There are no obligations and you can choose to work with Awning month-to-month or with a one-year contract.
Evolve: Best Half Service Management Company
Evolve is a vacation rental management company founded in 2011 by Brian Egan and Adam Sherry. Since its founding, the company has expanded its services to offer property management for both short-term and long-term vacation rentals.
As one of the largest national property management companies, Evolve stands out from competitors due to its wide range of offerings and perks. The management company provides the following:
- Low management fees that kick in after a booking is secured
- 100% risk-free guarantee
- Provides coverage up to $1,000,000 in liability insurance coverage and $3,000 in damage protection for every booking
Because of its unique offerings, we name it the Best Half-Service Airbnb Management Company in the United States.
Evolve Costs and Terms
Compared to other Airbnb Management Companies, Evolve’s fees are relatively low. The company charges a 10% management fee once a booking is secured, compared to the industry standard of 20-50%. This is partially achieved by offering a smaller set of services.
Evolve will only market your property if it meets the company’s four standards: safe, clean, guest-ready, and as advertised. The company also requires that you keep your Evolve calendar up to date at all times and have approval from your city to operate as a short-term rental.
With Evolve, you can cancel services at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Your termination will be effective 15 days after the company receives your notice.
Geographic and Service Coverage
During our research, we found that Evolve operated in 34 states, including Hawaii. The company also provides vacation rental services in parts of Mexico and the Caribbean.
Evolve offers standard services for its customers, which include:
- Creating a fully customized property listing for your home with professional photography and a description
- Marketing your rental on top sites like Airbnb, Vrbo, and Booking.com
- Responding to guest inquiries and providing 24/7 support
- Connecting you with on-site cleaning and support partners
- Offering up to $1,000,000 in liability coverage and $3,000 in damage protection on every booking
Overall, Evolve has an average online presence. The company has a 3.3 out of 5.0-star rating on Trustpilot from nearly 3,400 customers and holds an A+ rating and accreditation from the BBB.
Positive customer reviews center on the company’s responsiveness and quality customer service, while negative reviews focus on inconsistent timelines and cancellations.
Vacasa: Best Full-Service Management Company
Founded in 2009, Vacasa is a full-service vacation rental management company offering services throughout the United States, Canada, and Mexico. Full-service means the company takes care of the entire rental process from start to finish, including providing cleaning services once guests leave. This is why we name it the Best Full-Service Management Company.
Vacasa provides a wide range of services to homeowners who partner with them, including:
- Customized rates to meet market demand
- A digital revenue dashboard
- Dedicated local teams who look out for your home
- No fixed contracts
- Free smart rental property management devices
- Interior design services tailored to your taste and budget
Vacasa Costs and Terms
Vascasa’s pricing is straightforward for homeowners. You only have to pay one comprehensive fee for all of its services. Hundreds of factors like weather, local events, historical trends, location, number of bedrooms, and guest amenities all affect your overall fee.
With Vascasa, you are not locked into any contract. You can cancel your Vascasa agreement at any time with 90 days’ notice. Keep in mind that any reservations that were already booked during that 90-day window will be honored.
Geographic and Service Coverage
Vascasa currently offers property management services in 34 states, including Alaska and Hawaii. Vacation rental services are also provided in Mexico, Belize, Costa Rica, and Canada.
With Vacasa, your property management is taken care of, so you don’t have to worry about finding cleaning crews when your guests leave. Here’s a breakdown of their services:
- Onboarding: Vascasa provides 3D virtual home tours, custom copywriting, high-definition photography, and an optimized listing.
- Attracting guests: The company lists your rental on all the top booking sites, has a dedicated team of reservation agents, and provides 24/7 guest service.
- Managing details: With Vascasa, you can expect dynamic pricing, professional cleaning, and guest screening and damage coverage.
- Following through for customers: Vascasa stands out because it offers unlimited owner holds, no fixed contracts, and local staff in every market.
Compared with other property management companies, Vascasa has stellar customer reviews and ratings. The company has a 4.2-star rating on Trustpilot, backed by over 8,000 reviews. On the BBB, Vascasa holds an A+ rating with 4-stars from over 1,600 reviewers.
Positive customer reviews for Vascasa mention easy booking and lower prices than competitors, while negative reviews discuss customers arriving to unclean homes and issues with reservations.
Casago: Best for Managing Mixed Rentals
Casago has provided property management services for vacation rentals, corporate housing, long-term rentals, single-family homes, and unfurnished long-term rentals for over 15 years. In addition, Casago also owns eight resorts and has a collection of more than 3,000 condos and beach-front houses.
The company stands out from competitors due to its range of property management services that span several different types of rentals. This is why we name the company Best for Managing Mixed Rentals.
Casago Costs and Terms
Based on our research, Casago charges around 18% per booking, making it slightly lower than the industry average. We found that the company is relatively transparent about its services, with monthly revenue reporting covering payments, reservation dates, and other activities for your rental.
When you partner with Casago, you are free to use your vacation rental as you wish. However, the company asks for 30 days' notice if you choose to have your home unlisted.
Geographic and Service Coverage
Casago provides property management services to homeowners throughout the United States and Mexico. Homeowners in 21 states and the District of Columbia can take advantage of the company’s offerings.
If you partner with Casago, you will get full-service vacation rental management. This means the company will take care of all aspects of the rental service from start to finish. You can expect the company will:
- Post your listing to 25+ major websites
- Provide 24/7 support
- Manage check-in, cleaning, and maintenance
While Casago has very few customer reviews, its online presence is overwhelmingly positive. The company has an A+ rating from the BBB and a 4.29-star rating from 18 reviews. Customers on Facebook also gave the company a rating of 4.6 out of 5.0.
Positive Casago reviews praise the company for its smooth process and professional customer service representatives. Negative customer reviews mention consistent issues with the homes they booked, such as worn and dirty carpets.
SkyRun Vacation Rentals: Best Local Property Management Company
SkyRun Vacation Rentals was founded in 2004 in Keystone, Colorado. The company differs from others on this list because it lets entrepreneurs buy into the business to become property managers. SkyRun Vacation Rentals currently has 27 national and international destinations and over 900 properties, which is why we name it the Best Local Property Management Company.
SkyRun Vacation Rentals is unique in the industry because of its local business model. It has also won several awards, including industry recognition from Airbnb as a super host and voted as one of the best vacation rental and property management companies in Summit County at the 2021 Best of Summit Awards.
SkyRun Vacation Rentals Costs and Terms
Our research shows that SkyRun Vacation Rentals typically charges 15% or more of revenue, though the final percent will vary by location. The company has no hidden or extra fees for onboarding, starting up, or ongoing service.
With SkyRun Vacation Rentals, you can visit your vacation home anytime. All you need to do is provide notice for the dates you wish to visit.
Geographic and Service Coverage
SkyRun Vacation Rentals currently operates in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, and Wisconsin. Each area is managed by a local property manager backed by SkyRun Vacation Rentals.
The company is responsible for handling: cash, care, and communication for each client. We explain these concepts in detail below:
- Cash: SkyRun uses proprietary software to power your business, keeping overhead costs low. Your listing will be marketed to 65+ leading online booking channels and will be optimized to perform against similar homes. You can expect straightforward terms from SkyRun with no onboarding or startup fees.
- Care: SkyRun provides preventative maintenance through thorough inspections, routine service, and smart tech to keep your home in excellent condition. They also oversee the cleaning and restocking of your home between guests.
- Communication: Having local staff allows you to directly communicate with the property manager who lives near your home. The company handles all guest communication to ensure a smooth and pleasant stay.
SkyRun Vacation Rentals has an average online presence. The company has an A rating from the BBB and a 3.9-star rating from reviewers on Facebook.
Positive SkyRun Vacation Rental reviews mention the friendly and helpful staff, while negative reviews mention consistent issues with cancellations and refunds.
AvantStay: Best Benefits for Homeowners
AvantStay is a short-term rental specialist founded in 2016. The company uses proprietary tech to power bookings, operationalize in-field management, and activate an elevated guest experience.
Within the industry, AvantStay stands out due to its variety of benefits. These include:
- Complimentary interior design
- A Vacation Club Membership, which lets you use travel credits at your home or any other properties nationwide
- The Good Neighbor Policy where they partner with your neighborhood to address concerns
These reasons and more are why we name AvantStay Best Benefits for Homeowners.
AvantStay Manager Costs and Terms
AvantStay does not advertise its commission and costs online. However, it does state that it takes a percentage of the revenue brought in and pays out the rest to you as a monthly revenue share.
For short-term rentals, AvantStay looks for vacation homes with at least four bedrooms in one of their locales. You’ll be required to sign a single or multi-year contract that’s aimed at helping you meet your financial goals and maximize income. To visit your vacation home, you can use Travel Credits that are part of your Vacation Club membership.
Geographic and Service Coverage
AvantStay services are available in ten states (Arizona, California, Colorado, Georgia, Florida, Nevada, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Utah). While this may not seem like a lot, the company is looking to expand further into the South and Northeast.
With AvantStay, the company works to handle all aspects of property management, including:
- Posting your listing on 50 distribution channels
- Vetting guests and managing booking
- Investing in your home’s interior design
- Equipping smart technology like Ring digital locks, noise sensors, and security cameras
AvantStay has a solid reputation within the property management industry. The company has an A+ rating from the BBB and a 4.6-star rating from 280 customer reviews. Additionally, AvantStay received a 4.7-star rating from 350 reviews on Trustpilot.
Positive customer reviews praise the company’s customer service representatives and the cleanliness of the vacation homes. Negative customer reviews center on canceled listings and the company’s refund process.
Air Concierge: Best Pricing Model
Air Concierge is a West Coast-based property management company founded in 2012. The company specializes in short-term vacation rentals in major cities like Los Angeles, San Diego, and Seattle.
Air Concierge offers an upfront pricing model, which is why we name it the Best Pricing Model. The company’s management fee structure starts at 22% but drops for longer stays or higher-priced bookings. Air Concierge also provides around-the-clock care for homeowners and guests who stay in their homes.
Air Concierge Costs and Terms
Air Concierge uses a pricing model for managing properties. As mentioned above, the company’s management fees start at 22%. However, the percentages are lower based on more extended stays or higher-priced bookings. The company charges 20% for bookings starting at $1,000 or more per night and 12-18% for reservations that are 30, 60, 90 days or longer.
You have the right to use the property during the term of the agreement with Air Concierge by reserving dates in advance. You can terminate the contract anytime after the 90-day probationary period with or without cause as long as written notice is provided 30 days in advance.
Geographic and Service Coverage
Air Concierge only provides services in major cities along the West Coast, like Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, Marin, Palm Springs, Lake Tahoe, Orange County, and Seattle. The company takes care of all services associated with property management, including the following:
- Listing description and copywriting
- High-resolution photography
- Listings on all top booking sites
- 24/7 guest support
- Professional cleaning and stocking
- Guest screening and damage coverage
As a small property management business, Air Concierge does not have a significant online presence. The company has a 4.0-star rating out of 5.0 on Yelp from over 50 reviews.
Positive customer reviews discuss the company’s professionalism and communication with managing properties, while negative reviews mention issues with property managers.
How We Evaluated Airbnb Management Companies
During our research, we evaluated Airbnb management companies based on cost, terms, geographical coverage, services provided, and customer reviews. We found that Evolve, Vacasa, and Casago are the best Airbnb management companies based on that criteria.
Awning is the best Airbnb management company in the United States, according to our research. We found that it offers some of the lowest fees in the property management industry and provides a full-service solution. Another company worth considering is Evolve, which offers half property management services at a lower cost.
Awning property management is a full-service property management solution for vacation rentals that costs only 15% of annual revenue and is available to investors nationwide.