On the Atlantic coast, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina is one of the most visited resorts in the entire US. The 60-mile string of white sand beaches, the waterfront arcades, the world famous golf courses, the amusement parks, and the pleasant climate bring over 19 million visitors per year. The busy tourist activities result in excellent Airbnb daily rates, occupancy rates, rental income, and cap rates for investors in vacation rentals in the Myrtle Beach, SC short-term rental market.
Awning is the top Myrtle Beach vacation rental property management company offering end-to-end services for Airbnb investors. Our services include 24/7 guest communication, dynamic pricing, calendar management, and more, and are available in all 50 states. Plus, our fees start at just 15% of your revenue, with no extra charges or fees. Call or text 415-223-2830 to learn more and get started.
Top Myrtle Beach, South Carolina Airbnb Management Companies
The best Airbnb management companies in Myrtle Beach, SC include:
- Awning: Best Overall Myrtle Beach Vacation Rental Manager
- Vacasa South Carolina: Best for Furnished Vacation Rentals
- Coastline Beach Rentals: Best Local Airbnb Manager for Oceanfront Houses and Condos
- Evolve: Best for Involved Airbnb Hosts
- Luxury Beach Rentals: Best for Luxury Oceanfront Beach Homes and Condos
- Beach Vacations: Best for Properties in Oceanfront, Golf, and Waterfront Resorts
- Anchorage Rentals: Best for Luxury Condos
- Eagle Beach Rentals: Best for Vacation Rentals Close to Local Attractions
- Elliott Beach Rentals: Best for Golf Getaways
- Oceanfront Guru Vacation Rentals: Best Local Airbnb Manager
Awning Airbnb Property Management
Awning is the best overall full-service Airbnb property manager in Myrtle Beach, SC. Shri Ganeshram and Danaus Chang founded the company in 2020, with headquarters in San Francisco, CA. The company mission is to make investing in real estate simple and accessible for everyone, through a combination of the latest real estate technology and expert presence in all markets.
Awning provides all services expected from a full-service Airbnb management company, allowing investors to benefit from truly passive income. The company charges an industry-low fee starting at 15% of revenue. Online Awning reviews are positive, and Awning-managed properties have an average guest ranking of 4.8/5 stars.
As a full-service Airbnb property management company, Awning offers all services necessary to run a short-term rental business. Currently, the company manages 100+ vacation rentals and covers the entire US market and the vast majority of property types. Awning achieves nationwide coverage by setting up local teams of vetted vendors in each market, before even taking on Airbnb rentals there.
Awning services cover everything from getting properties ready through managing day-to-day tasks including:
- Interior design
- Vacation rental furnishing
- Installing smart home devices
- Getting short-term rental licenses and permits
- Creating, optimizing, and managing listings across top booking platforms
- Dynamic pricing model combining top-notch technology and big data with human expert-led review and adjustments
- 24/7 guest communication and support, with industry-low average response time of 5-15 minutes
- Rental cleaning, laundry, and restocking between guests provided through local Awning teams
- Maintaining lawns, swimming tools, and hot tubs
- Property maintenance and repairs
All services are part of the core package of vacation rental property management that Awning provides. The only exception is interior design and furnishing, which investors can choose for their needs. This process is managed by the ex-Head of Design at Airbnb (boosting revenue by 50%), and Awning’s fee is deducted from the overall furnishing budget (usually $15,000-$45,000). As Awning does not cover vacation rental insurance, it can connect property owners with the best local insurance providers.
Awning Price and Fees
Awning fees are the lowest among full-service Myrtle Beach, SC Airbnb management companies, starting at 15% of monthly revenue. This price covers all core services. Only vacation rental design and furnishing fees are paid separately, as part of the total furnishing budget.
Awning has relatively few online reviews, explained by its brief history. You can find Awning reviews on:
Awning-managed Airbnb rentals have generated an impressive average rating of 4.8/5 stars by guests.
Positive guest reviews focus on the amazing locations and properties, the excellently maintained and stocked rentals, and the friendly, available, and competent support staff.
Awning is the best overall Airbnb property management company in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, covering all services and managing many properties, at an industry-low fee of 15% of revenue. This means that Airbnb property owners can enjoy truly passive income, while the performance of their rental is being optimized by a combination of the latest technology and the human touch of a local team of professionals.
Getting Started With Awning
To get started with Awning, investors should schedule a call to discuss their property with an Awning agent. The onboarding process is simple, and the Awning team has experience both onboarding new properties and taking over management from another company.
Vacasa South Carolina Airbnb Property Management
Vacasa is the largest full-service vacation rental property management company in North America. Eric Breon and Cliff Johnson founded the company in 2009c, with headquarters in Portland, OR. The company mission is to provide the best vacation home experience for everyone - both hosts and guests - everywhere.
Vacasa provides most services expected from an Airbnb management company. They promise to boost rental income by 20%, on average. The company does not state its fees on its website, but customer reviews reveal a range of 25%-35% of revenue plus additional charges. There are abundant online reviews of Vacasa, and they are generally good.
Vacasa South Carolina Services
As a full-service Airbnb property manager, Vacasa covers most services required to run a vacation rental business. At the moment, Vacasa manages 35,000+ short-term rentals in 35 US states and outside the US, including 764 properties in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
The core Vacasa services covered by the monthly fee include:
- Getting properties ready for renting
- Help with short-term rental licenses and permits
- Installing smart home technology devices
- Creating listings
- Managing, distributing, and marketing listings
- Cleaning and restocking between stays
- Property inspections and maintenance
- Dynamic pricing and revenue management
- Guest communication and support
- Tax support
- Hot tub management and maintenance
For an additional fee, hosts can also get access to:
- Interior design (guided or curated)
- Linen program (initial supply and replacements)
- Vacation rental property insurance (up to $1 million in liability coverage, $1 million in damage coverage, and $15,000 in bed bug coverage)
One service that is missing from the Vacasa portfolio is furnishing, which can take 12-16 weeks when not guided by a professional.
Vacasa South Carolina Price and Fees
Vacasa does not publish its property management fees on the company website. The website simply states that fees vary between markets and property types, so owners need to contact the team to get a quote.
Meanwhile, Vacasa reviews by property owners show that the rate ranges between 25% and 35% of rental revenue, comparable to the industry average, but owners also report unexpected charges. Interior design ($99-$1,199), linen program (not reported), and property insurance ($7-$9 per booking) are charged separately.
Hiring Vacasa entails signing a written agreement but does not require long-term commitment. Hosts can cancel with a 90-day notice, having to honor all reservations within the 90-day period.
Vacasa South Carolina Reviews
Vacasa has a solid online presence with thousands of reviews by property owners and guests. You can find Vacasa reviews on:
- TrustPilot: Currently 4.0/5 stars based on 9,348 reviews
- BBB.org: Currently 4.1/5 stars based on 2,637 reviews
- Yelp: Currently 2.5/5 stars based on 1,391 reviews
- Sitejabber: Currently 1.0/5 stars based on 702 reviews
Positive guest reviews focus on the excellent, well-equipped, well-stocked, well-maintained properties, the amazing locations, and the helpful customer support team. Negative Vacasa guest reviews highlight misleading listings, properties in poor state, last-minute cancellations, and lack of communication on behalf of the team.
Experiences of Vacasa property owners are also mixed. Some report good value for money, while others complain about destroyed properties, poor communication, and difficulties when trying to get out of a contract.
As the biggest short-term rental property manager on the continent, Vacasa can be a good option for Airbnb investors in Myrtle Beach, SC whose properties are already furnished as the company does not provide this service.
To get started, property owners can visit the Vacasa website or call 866-308-1004.
Coastline Beach Rentals Airbnb Property Management
Coastline Beach Rentals is a local, full-service short-term rental property management company specializing in oceanfront vacation rentals including beach houses and condos and winter rentals. They founded the company in 2016, with headquarters in Myrtle Beach, SC. The company mission is to provide superb services to both guests and owners.
Coastline Beach Rentals seems to cover the services necessary to achieve passive income. The company property management fees are not available on the website. There are very few online reviews of Coastline Beach Rentals, which are negative.
Coastline Beach Rentals Services
Coastline Beach Rentals is a local, full-service Airbnb manager. Currently, the company manages 360 oceanfront vacation rentals in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
The Coastline Beach Rentals portfolio of property management services include:
- Customer service
- Property maintenance
While Coastline Beach Rentals claims to be a full-service property manager, it lists only the major categories of services that it provides with no detail. Services that are not mentioned at all include interior design, furnishing, getting short-term rental licenses and permits, dynamic pricing, tax collection and remittance, linen program, restocking, property inspections, and reviews management.
Coastline Beach Rentals Price and Fees
The Coastline Beach Rentals website mentions generous commission splits but does not provide the exact pricing structure. It’s not clear if property owners have to sign a written contract and/or commit in the long term.
Coastline Beach Rentals Reviews
Coastline Beach Rentals has a very weak online presence which is not typical for Myrtle Beach, South Carolina Airbnb management companies. You can find Coastline Beach Rentals reviews on:
- Google: Currently 1.1/5 stars based on 26 reviews
- BBB.org: Currently 1.0/5 stars based on 15 reviews
The single positive review of Coastline Beach Rentals does not describe the guest experience. Meanwhile, negative reviews complain about drastic mismatches between listings and actual properties, dirty rentals, dark spaces, false charges, lack of understanding under extreme circumstances, and unhelpful, rude staff.
Coastline Beach Rentals promises to deliver full-service property management to vacation rental investors in Myrtle Beach, SC. However, there isn’t enough online information on the company website or elsewhere to conclude if the company meets this promise and if they provide a good value for money in the Myrtle Beach Airbnb rental market. Coastline Beach Rentals could be a good choice for owners who plan to buy oceanfront houses or condos and would like to work with a local Airbnb manager.
To get started, property owners can visit the Coastline Beach Rentals website or call 843-999-2837.
Evolve Airbnb Property Management
Evolve is a nationwide half-service vacation rental management company. Brian Egan and Adam Sherry founded the company in 2011, with headquarters in Denver, CO. The company mission is to help vacation rental owners earn more and stress less.
Services provided by Evolve focus on listing, marketing, booking calendars, and supporting guests. This is in line with the expectations from a half-service provider. Evolve charges a universal fee of 10% of monthly revenue. There are many online reviews of Evolve, showing an average experience for guests and hosts.
Evolve offers a limited range of services compared to full-service Myrtle Beach, SC Airbnb management companies. Currently, they manage 24,000+ short-term rentals in 750 markets in the US and Mexico, including 307 vacation rentals in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
Evolve offers the following services:
- Optimized listings
- Listing distribution and marketing
- Dynamic pricing
- Guest communication and support
- Rental property insurance (up to $1 million in liability coverage and $3,000 per booking in property damage)
To qualify, vacation rentals have to be guest-ready as Evolve does not help with this. The company does not provide services related to cleaning, laundry, restocking, maintenance, and repairs either.
Evolve offers to connect property owners with local vendors for services like:
- Interior design and decor
- Setting up a smart home
- Cleaning and restocking
- Property maintenance and repairs
Property owners can decide whether to handle these services on their own or coordinate the work of vendors recommended by Evolve.
Evolve Price and Fees
Evolve charges a universal Airbnb property management fee across all markets and property sizes, equivalent to 10% of monthly revenue. This covers the services provided by the company, while hosts pay separately services provided by vendors. The corresponding fees are not clear.
Evolve asks hosts to sign a written contract. According to the property management agreement, owners need to handle home insurance, property maintenance, upkeep, repairs, and compliance with local short-term rental laws including getting licenses and permits and paying taxes. Evolve helps with the collection and remittance of transient occupancy taxes.
There is no long-term commitment, and hosts can cancel at any point, with a 15-day notice.
Evolve has a strong online presence with a few thousand reviews by property owners and guests, showing a mix of positive and negative experiences. You can find Evolve reviews on:
- TrustPilot: Currently 3.2/5 stars based on 3,581 reviews
- BBB.org: Currently 2.76/5 stars based on 453 reviews
- Yelp: Currently 3.5/5 stars based on 60 reviews
- Sitejabber: Currently 1.32/5 stars based on 59 reviews
Happy Evolve guests highlight the easy booking process, the precise matches between listings and properties, the excellent locations, and the great support team. Unhappy guests complain about double bookings, discrepancies between online listings and actual rentals, filthy and unhealthy properties, lack of refunds under extreme circumstances, and poor customer support.
Similarly, Evolve reviews by hosts comprise a mix of very positive and very negative experiences. Some are satisfied with the services they’ve received from Evolve, while others complain about inefficient marketing, unexpected charges, and lack of team support.
Evolve is the right Myrtle Beach, SC Airbnb management company for investors who would like to be directly involved in the management of their short-term rentals but need some extra help through technology. This is not a good option for those seeking passive real estate income.
To get started, property owners can visit the Evolve website or call 877-818-1014.
Luxury Beach Rentals Airbnb Property Management
Luxury Beach Rentals is a local, full-service vacation rental property management company focusing on luxurious and spacious beach homes and condos loaded with amenities. The company headquarters are in Myrtle Beach, SC.
Luxury Beach Rentals seem to cover most services expected from a full-service provider. The company website discusses the fees and charges. There are around 200 online reviews of Luxury Beach Rentals that are positive.
Luxury Beach Rentals Services
Luxury Beach Rentals is a local, full-service Airbnb manager working with premier oceanfront vacation rentals. Currently, the company manages 111 properties in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
Luxury Vacation Rentals covers the following services:
- Listing creation
- Best-in-class marketing including SEO, email, and direct marketing to OTAs
- Data-driven, hands-on revenue management
- Spotless housekeeping
- Routine property inspections
- 24/7 property maintenance through a local crew
Luxury Beach Rentals does not explicitly mention interior design and furnishing, getting short-term rental licenses and permits, vacation rental insurance, tax collections and remittance, and guest communication and support.
Luxury Beach Rentals Price and Fees
Luxury Beach Rentals does not state the property management fees that it charges. It doesn’t provide information whether signing a written agreement and long-term commitment are required.
Luxury Beach Rentals Reviews
Luxury Beach Rentals has an average online presence with around 200 reviews. You can find Luxury Beach Rentals reviews on:
- Google: Currently 4.9/5 stars based on 172 reviews
- Facebook: Currently 4.9/5 stars based on 30 reviews
Happy guests highlight the perfect locations, the excellently cleaned, maintained, and stocked properties, the spacious rentals, the spectacular views, the great amenities, and the easy check-in and check-out processes. Unhappy guests discuss slight mismatches between listings and actual homes and outdated photos.
Luxury Beach Rentals seems to provide all services required to allow property owners to make a passive income from luxury oceanfront Airbnb rentals in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Because of the lack of information on fees, it’s not possible to conclude if the company offers a good value for money. Luxury Beach Rentals could be a good choice for investors planning to buy a luxury home or condo in Myrtle Beach.
To get started, property owners can visit the Luxury Beach Rentals website or call 888-558-5451.
Beach Vacations Airbnb Property Management
Beach Vacations is a local, full-service Airbnb property manager specializing in vacation rentals in oceanfront, golf, and waterfront resorts. They founded the company in 1990, with headquarters in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
Beach Vacations provides most services needed to achieve passive income as a real estate investor. The company website states that the property management fees vary between rentals but does not specify a range. There are less than five online reviews of Beach Vacations, which show average experiences.
Beach Vacations Services
Beach Vacations is a local, full-service Airbnb management company working with properties in several Myrtle Beach resorts. Currently, the company manages 110 short-term rentals in Myrtle Beach, SC.
The services provided by Beach Vacations include:
- Listings including high-resolution photography and detailed descriptions
- Marketing including SEO, content, PPC, and social media
- Optimized daily pricing and availability
- Off-season occupancy including weddings, group travels, and corporate meetings
- Centralized reservation department
- State-of-the-art computerized reservation and golf package system
- Detailed cleaning and replacement of linen between guests
- Seasonal deep cleaning
- Regular detailed inventories
- Property maintenance including general electrical repairs, professional-quality painting of interior and exterior, flooring installation and repair, general plumbing, installation of various items, pressure washing of surrounding areas, carpentry work, and routine procedures
- Direct deposit of monthly rental income
- Access to owners portal
Property management services not explicitly listed on the Beach Vacations website are interior design, furnishing, getting short-term rental licenses and permits, vacation rental insurance, tax collection and remittance, and guest communication and support.
Beach Vacations Price and Fees
The Beach Vacations website states that the company charges multiple property management fees as each rental is unique but that the fees are lower than or competitive with other Myrtle Beach, SC Airbnb management companies. Contracts allow for a cancellation, with a 30-day notice.
Beach Vacations Reviews
Beach Vacations has a very weak online presence. You can find Beach Vacations reviews on:
- Yelp: Currently 2.5/5 stars based on 4 reviews
The only positive review highlights the match between the listing and the property and the overall positive experience of the guest. Negative reviews complain about discrepancies between listings and rentals, dirty houses, the lack of basic amenities, poorly maintained homes and extras, insects, and the careless staff.
Beach Vacations seem able to secure passive income for Myrtle Beach Airbnb hosts, but it’s not clear if they provide a good value for money in the local vacation rental market. Beach Vacations is worth considering if you plan to invest in short-term rental properties in oceanfront, golf, or waterfront resorts in Myrtle Beach, SC.
To get started, property owners can visit the Beach Vacations website or call 800-449-4005..
More Myrtle Beach, South Carolina Airbnb Management Companies
Some other popular short-term rental property management companies in the Myrtle Beach market that might be worth the attention of real estate investors are:
- Anchorage Rentals: Anchorage Rentals is a local Airbnb management company managing luxury two- and three-bedroom condos in two properties, Anchorage I and II. The required minimum stay is three days in the fall, winter, and spring and seven days in the summer. The company website does not provide information on the services covered by Anchorage Rentals or the fees charged to property owners. So, we cannot conclude if this is a full-service or half-service property manager. Anchorage Rentals manages 106 short-term rentals in Myrtle Beach, SC.
- Eagle Beach Rentals: Eagle Beach Rentals is a local vacation rental property manager specializing in condos and homes close to the beach, golf, shopping, dining, and entertainment. The property management services provided by the company are not specified, so it’s not clear if this is a full-service or half-service Airbnb manager. Eagle Beach Rentals manages 92 properties in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
- Elliott Beach Rentals: Elliott Beach Rentals is a locally owned and operated, full-service Myrtle Beach Airbnb management company focusing on providing golf getaways. The company services cover security measure recommendations, linen provision, comprehensive marketing, reservations, professional housekeeping, cleaning, restocking, post check-out property inspections, annual unit evaluation, and 24/7 emergency contact. The property manager does not specify the monthly fees. Elliott Beach Rentals manages 92 vacation rentals in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
- Oceanfront Guru Vacation Rentals: Oceanfront Guru Vacation Rentals is a local, full-service short-term rental property management company. The website does not specify the exact services provided, and the fees charged for them. Oceanfront Guru Vacation Rentals manages 92 Airbnb properties in Myrtle Beach, SC.
How we evaluated the best Myrtle Beach, South Carolina vacation rental management companies
The criteria we used to select and rank the top Airbnb management companies in Myrtle Beach, SC include:
- Services: We looked at whether a company is a half-service or full-service provider and whether it provides all expected services within each category.
- Pricing: We considered whether an Airbnb property manager has a clear pricing structure covering all services. We also looked at what additional fees hosts will need to pay.
- Value for money: We evaluated whether the provided services and the expected fee offer the best value for money in Myrtle Beach, SC.
- Business model: We investigated whether a company uses the latest real estate technology while retaining the human touch, which is crucial in property management.
- Reviews: We took into consideration whether companies have a strong online presence and whether reviews are positive or negative.
- Number of listings in Myrtle Beach, SC: We searched for the Airbnb management companies with the most active listings in the local market.
To maximize your vacation rental investments in Myrtle Beach, SC, connect with an Awning property manager now.
How to choose an Airbnb management company
When choosing the best Airbnb property manager for your specific needs, ask the following questions:
- Are you a local property manager or a nationwide company?
- For how many years have you been managing short-term rentals?
- How many properties do you manage at the moment?
- How big is your team?
- Do you have an in-house local management team or do you work with vendors?
- By how much are you able to increase revenue in the local market?
- Do you help get properties ready? Do you help with interior design, furnishing, short-term rental licenses and permits, and taxes?
- Do you collect money from guests and remit to owners or do booking fees go to the property owner directly?
- Do you provide cleaning, laundry, and restocking?
- Do you conduct property inspections and maintenance work?
- Do you manage swimming pools and hot tubs?
- What is your Airbnb property management fee? What does this cover? Are there any additional fees and costs?
- Can I review a copy of the property management agreement?
- How can I cancel your services?
Knowing the answers to all these questions is key for selecting the best short-term rental property management company for your specific needs.
Awning is the best Myrtle Beach, SC Airbnb management company. It provides truly full-service property management at the lowest fee for comprehensive services, at 15% of rental revenue.
Awning services include 24/7 guest communication, dynamic pricing, calendar management, and more, and are available in all 50 states. Plus, our fees start at just 15% of your revenue, with no extra charges or fees. Call or text 415-223-2830 to learn more and get started.