A great host should anticipate the needs of every guest. This means outfitting your vacation property with the right items, including appliances. Though some—like refrigerators and TVs—are common, there are appliances that are often forgotten by even the best Superhosts.
Remember, your Airbnb should be better stocked than a typical hotel room: guests prefer Airbnbs over hotels because of all the extra amenities. Don’t leave your guests wanting and equip your vacation rental with the right appliances, from the kitchen to the mudroom.
The best Airbnb appliances include:
- Black+Decker BCD6W Compact Countertop Dishwasher: Best All-Around Dishwasher
- Keurig K-Supreme: Overall Best Coffee Maker
- Revlon Travel Hair Dryer: Best Hairdryer
- Equator All-in-One Compact Combo Washer Dryer: Best Washer/Dryer
- Sunbeam GCSBCL Classic: Best Steam Iron
- Shark IZ462H Vertex: Best Vacuum Cleaner
How We Selected the Best Airbnb Appliances
There are a ton of appliances you can equip your vacation rental with. To narrow it down, we asked top Airbnb hosts for their opinions, looked at online reviews and blogs from hosts all over the world, and considered important factors like price, durability, space efficiency, and ease of use.
Here’s a breakdown of our criteria:
- Host Recommendations: The best appliances are often highly recommended by top vacation rental hosts who have experience in handling various properties.
- Online Reviews: What they say online matters as well - these appliances all come highly rated with thousands of reviews.
- Price: Outfitting your vacation property shouldn’t cost an arm and a leg; we picked appliances that are easy on the wallet.
- Durability: These appliances will see a lot of wear-and-tear, so durable and well-built items ranked higher on our list.
- Space Efficiency: Not all rental properties have a ton of space to play with. To this, we chose appliances that can fit various spaces (e.g., compact dishwashers).
- Ease of Use: One way to ruin a relaxing vacation for your guests is to leave them an appliance they have to tinker with (or read a manual for). The easier an appliance is to use, the better it is for an Airbnb.
Although the appliances on our list are all highly rated, the best for your Airbnb will depend on even more factors. We highly recommend scouring local retailers and seeing which appliances are available in your area. That way, if something breaks, you can easily send it back for repairs or replacements.
The best appliances for an Airbnb are:
1. Black+Decker BCD6W Compact Countertop Dishwasher: Best Dishwasher
If you’re looking for a dishwasher that won’t take up much space, we highly recommend the Black+Decker BCD6W, which came out in 2020.
It’s tiny but mighty: built from highly durable stainless steel, this compact dishwasher comes with space for up to 6 place settings (and up to 10” dinner plates) for easy cleaning for an entire family.
Because this is a countertop dishwasher, don’t expect miracles; its drying capacities aren’t the greatest.
Measuring 21.5" x 21.7" x 17.2", this compact appliance can fit even the smallest of Airbnbs. It comes with an included pipe that connects it to your kitchen’s faucet, so your guests can “plug” it in and disconnect it when not in use—no installation needed.
This dishwasher requires pre-rinsing, so don’t forget to inform your guests of that during check in.
“At the end, everything you provide is for an all-inclusive experience for your guest.”
Ramiro Cerda, co-founder of TheMVP.Life and Airbnb host
2. Keurig K-Supreme: Best Coffee Maker
The Keurig K-Supreme is one of the older Keurigs in the market: it was released in 2002, but it’s still a top choice for Airbnb hosts.
Easily let your guests choose different strengths and sizes for their coffee. This machine is also compatible with Keurig’s reusable filter, so you can provide either ground coffee or cups, or both.
However, this only makes one cup at a time, which can frustrate large groups.
It has a 66 oz dual-sided water reservoir: position it in any way that can fit your counter space. It's a compact, single-cup coffee maker that comes with basic yet reliable features: your guests will have no problems operating this machine.
3. Revlon Travel Hair Dryer: Best Hairdryer
The Revlon Compact 1875W Hair Dryer has been around for a few years now, yet it’s still a top choice with 4.6 stars on Amazon and almost 65 thousand reviews. Buy it starting at $17.95 on Amazon, or shop the official Revlon site.
Not only is this super cheap, but it’s reliable as well. Users report it dries hair extremely quickly.
This travel dryer doesn’t have a lot of bells and whistles, and it only has two heat settings. However, this simplicity works well for Airbnbs: your guests won’t have any trouble using this dryer. It’s also lightweight and extremely easy to store.
Keep in mind that this dryer only works on 120V. To use it with 220V, you’ll need a voltage converter.
4. Equator All-in-One Compact Combo Washer Dryer: Best Washer Combo
The Equator All-in-One Compact Combo Washer Dryer has a few different models; here we’re featuring the 2016 version.
Get it for $2201.96 on Amazon or check out the different models on the Equator website. This washer/dryer combo packs a lot of punch for its size with its 14 different option cycles and easy-to-use interface.
But because of its size, expect small load sizes (13 lbs. maximum). This might frustrate your cleaning staff, especially if they’ll be cleaning linens after every visit.
This is a lightweight washer/dryer combo at only 161 lbs.; its dimensions of 22 x 23.6 x 33.5 inches means it can fit in even the tightest of laundry areas.
5. Sunbeam GCSBCL Classic: Best Steam Iron
With 1200 watts for quick heating and five different fabric options, this small iron is extremely useful to keep at your vacation rental.
One drawback is that this iron is tiny, and thus the hole you use to fill it with water is also extremely small and awkwardly-placed. This iron is also extremely basic; it’s not the most comfortable to use, so if you plan on having your sheets ironed by your cleaning crew, then upgrade.
Still, it’s a cheap iron that can be easily replaced when broken. It also has an auto-shut off feature for you and your guests’ peace of mind.
6. Shark IZ462H Vertex: Best Vacuum Cleaner
This vacuum has over 60 minutes of runtime. It also has deep cleaning capabilities and a self-cleaning brush roll that doesn’t get caught on hair.
At 9 lbs., this is a relatively light vacuum, but it isn’t the lightest out there. This will work for quick cleaning, but it might tire out those who want to do a deeper house clean.
The vacuum is cordless with a unique MultiFLEX technology, allowing your guests (and cleaners) to reach even the smallest of spaces. It also has a built-in HEPA filtration system to trap allergens—the perfect vacuum for hosts that want to keep their rental dust-free.
No matter which appliances you choose to purchase, remember that your guests want the ultimate relaxing vacation. So aside from the features and price, keep in mind usability as well; the last thing you want is for your guests to get frustrated over an appliance. Choose machines that are easy to use and see how these appliances can contribute to the overall vacation experience of your rental.