1. Information Collection, Use, and Opting Out
The types of information we collect depend on your level of engagement with the Sites. The higher the level, the more information we need to provide our services.
A. All Awning Website and Users of the Awning Applications
From registered and unregistered users of the Sites, we automatically receive and record information whenever you interact with the Sites. This includes IP address data from our server logs, cookie information, the pages you request, and the URL of the site you came to the Sites from. From all Users of the Awning Applications ("App Users") we also collect the user resettable mobile device ID (such as the ID for Advertising on iOS and Android ID on Android) and your geo-location information so that we can interact with you to provide geo specific information, such as properties for sale near you and information about listing your property for sale. Your IP address serves the same function for website Users. App Users can turn off our access to your geo-location by adjusting "location services" within your iOS or Android device settings. We use the information listed above to help diagnose Site problems and performance, analyze trends, customize your experience on the Sites, provide targeted information about Awning's services, and administer the Sites.
Cookies and opting out:
- Awning Cookies: We put Awning cookies on your computer to help us keep track of when you were last on the Sites, and what you last searched on the Sites. While you are free to disable cookies on your browser, we recommend that you leave cookies activated to use some of the most useful Awning features
- Opting Out of Targeted Advertising: If you do not wish to have us collect, use and share information about you to deliver targeted online advertising in this manner, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also note that most opt-out mechanisms are cookie-based and will only affect the specific computer and browser that is used to submit an opt-out request. If you have multiple computers or change computers, or use multiple browsers, you will need to submit opt-out requests for each such computer or browser. In addition, if you delete, block or otherwise restrict cookies, you will need to renew your opt-out choices to ensure that any opt-out cookies remain effective.
- Opting Out of Mobile Device ID Tracking: Mobile device users may reset the identifier or opt-out of receiving interest based ads in their mobile apps. Android Users will need to open the “Google Settings” or “Settings” App -> Accounts -> Ads -> and Check the option “Opt out of interest-based ads.” You may also reset the Android advertising ID to a new randomly generated subpoena by tapping “Reset advertising ID.” Apple iOS users may turn off ad tracking using the Apple ID for Advertising by navigating through the following screens: Settings -> Privacy -> Advertising. On the Advertising screen, users may tap “Limit Ad Tracking” to opt out of receiving ads targeted to their interest, or they may reset their advertising ID.
- Opting Out Generally: The Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising program provides consumers with the ability to opt-out of having their online behavior recorded and used for advertising purposes. To opt-out of having your online behavior collected for advertising purposes (for example, serving Awning ads to you on Facebook), email email@example.com for instructions. Choices you make are both browser and device-specific. This means that, for example, if you opt out when using Safari on your phone, you will not be opted out on Firefox or on your laptop.
- Do Not Track: Some browsers have a ”do not track” feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. These features are not yet uniform, so we are not currently set up to respond to those signals.
B. Registered Awning Site Users (including Registered App Users)
C. Tours and Evaluations
When you submit a property tour, evaluation or offer request, we will ask for your tour date and time preferences, as well as your phone number. We will also ask some questions so that our agent can verify your identity. When you meet up with one of our agents at the property, the agent will ask you to verify your identity, and may even ask for a photo ID. At this point, your relationship with Awning is not just online.
D. Awning Clients
2. Information Storage and Security.
We store the information we collect from you in the United States. If you are located outside the United States and choose to use our Sites, we may store and process the information you provide to us in the United States. We take administrative, physical and electronic measures designed to protect the information that we collect from or about you from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Please be aware, however, that no method of transmitting information over the Internet or storing information is completely secure.
3. Information Sharing.
We share your information with Awning personnel in the normal course of business, and with Awning's corporate affiliates.
A. Registered Site Users (including Registered App Users)
B. Awning Clients.
- Public Record Information. Please be aware that property sales and purchases are a matter of public record, and your name and address, the price you paid, your property taxes, and other information will be available from public sites regardless of the brokerage(s), if any, who assist in the transaction. We post on our Sites some information that typically becomes part of the public record of a property sale or purchase.
- Non-Public Record Information. We share information obtained from you that is not public record in order to facilitate your property purchase or sale transaction.
- Service Providers to all Awning Clients. Our agents work with third parties to process your property search and sale transaction, and must share your information with those third parties. Examples include MLSs and providers of software used for document preparation and electronic signing.
- Property Seller Service Providers. As is customary as your property sales agent, we share your listing information with MLSs and other listing websites, such as Trulia.com and Zillow.com. We also share your listing information with listing vendors such as photographers, property staging experts and property repair professionals like plumbers and electricians, as needed.
- Property Buyer Service Providers. As is customary as your property purchase agent, we must share your buying information with inspectors, title companies, escrow agents, closing attorneys, lenders, ets.
- Potential Buyers. By law, we are required to disclose to potential buyers certain information you provide about your property.
4. Information Deletion.
You may delete your Awning account by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We may keep a copy of your account information for our records.
5. Email Communications.
We communicate with account holders and Clients about their accounts and property tours, searches and sales by email. You may also subscribe to Listing Alert Emails with customized summaries of properties for sale. If you opt-in to also receive marketing email messages, Awning may send you Awning-related news, surveys or promotions. If you do not want to receive alerts or marketing email from us, please click the unsubscribe link in the bottom of the unwanted email.
The Sites are meant for adults. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13 without permission from a parent or guardian. If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child under 13 has given us information, you can email us. You can also write to us at the address listed at the end of this policy. Please mark your inquiries "COPPA Information Request."
8. Contact Us.
Please contact us if you have more questions. If you have any questions about this policy, please email us at email@example.com. You can also write to us at: 1235D Howard St. San Francisco, CA, 94103.